Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My baby turns 9 today...

Allyson Kae Young is 9 today!! I can't believe it. I'm trying to figure out how my baby is 9. Eight years & 364 days ago (May 19th) I was laying in a hospital bed at Mercy, with Jeff, mom and my sister Julie thinking I can't believe I'm going to have another baby just 15 months after having my first, and what do you mean we can't watch Meet Joe Black, we rented it for this occasion, no one in this room is going to sleep, come on!!

Grandma Austin said I wouldn't have this baby on the 19th, it would arrive on the 20th, like Julie and I were both born on the 11th (Julie March and me April). I, personally, thought Grandma was crazy but she was right.

At 10:16am, May 20th 1999, Baby Girl Young entered the world. Everytime I watch the tape that captures it all, I can hear the gasps go around the room when Dr. Valone (hottie) announces "SHE'S HERE". What?? Are you sure it's not a boy?? We only have boy names picked out, are you sure??

Emily came in with Grandma Deba and kissed up her new sissy, who didn't have a name, and then tried to hold her by her neck and then proceeded to jump up and down on the hospital bed until she escorted her baby sister (with the help of dad) back to the nursery. On the day we were set to leave, Jeff and I were told that Baby Girl Young couldn't leave the hospital until she had a name, so we searched frantically thru the baby name book and finally came up with something that I think suits Allyson well. The middle name came from Grandma Deba, thanks Grandma!!

So, here we are, 9 years later and I honestly can not picture life without Ally Kae. I do know one thing, it would be very boring :)

Happy Birthday Allyson Kae, we've loved you from the first moment we laid eyes on you that hasn't changed in 9 years - yes even when you cut the biggest farts and giggle until you can't giggle anymore....who's kid are you anyway??

L

No comments: