Today I turned 36, YIKES!! I happen to be under the thought that birthdays are just another day passing us by. Who wants to make a big deal out of turning another year older, and one year closer to 40 to boot? Oh wait...isn't 40 the new 20?? YIKES!!
This birthday wasn't spent in sunny Florida, no, it was spent in sunny Iowa going to church with Julie's family, brunch, looking at an RV (not for me), mani's/pedi's with mom, Julie and the girls (+ Beau, but don't tell anyone) ending with dinner grilled by dad and lots and lots of laughter.
This birthday marks the 2nd birthday I've faced without J. Today I turned another year older than J will ever be. J always 'forgot' my birthday but he always made up for it in a big way and I miss that. I miss having that someone, I loved more than anything, come up huge on my birthday no matter how much I didn't like turning another year older. And to J, coming up huge meant a gooshy card, a surprise of some sort and time spent with just me. GD I miss that. I miss him. He was here with us today, in the memories we shared and the 'Jeffisms' that kept getting thrown out.
It was a day I'm glad to be moving on from...not the family love, but the whole I'm a year older. Tomorrow, like today, is just another day...
Thanks for checking in...
L
3 comments:
oh, you. Celebrate each day that the sun shines. Celebrate each day when the temps are above freezing! lol
Celebrate each birthday. Say thanks for each beautiful, Spring day.
Happy Belated Birthday--I was watching my beautiful Grand-daughter get baptistized and I wasn't near a computer and I knew it was your B-D---sorry missed it,You are getting much closer to my 39 ---how did that happened ??I thought I was much older than you??????????? --your crazy Aunt Deb
I owe you a very happy birthday wish....sorry it's belated....I hope your day was grand....wish I just turned 36 instead of 39 for the I don't know like 8th time....bestest wishes to you always!
Post a Comment