Thursday, April 8, 2010

Conversation with a smarty pants 10 year old...

So, the chicks and I are doing the Monday night thing which equals NOTHING but watching a BUNCH of TV when a commercial comes on and this is what comes out of A's mouth....

(commercial for eHarmony.com)

A: Hey mom, you should join eHarmony to meet someone.

Me: I'm already a member. Wait, what?!? How do you know what that is??

A: Cause I just saw a commercial on it. Is that how you met (!#$@)?

E: (from behind her, rolling her eyes) No stupid, she didn't meet him there.

A: (raised voice) Ok E...I was just wondering. What about Match.com??

Me: For the love, really, I can take care of meeting my own peeps.

A: Well, I'm just trying to help...

Me: Well, I don't need your help there sweet thing, but thanks for looking out for me anyway.

A: No problem mom.

It's a laugh a minute at my house...

Thanks for checking in...

L

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you went to church. With all that has happened over the last few years to our little town, it's easy to lose your faith. I know I lost mine for a while and fell into the darkness. “Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.” (John 3:19-21)
Hopefully, you heard the same sermon message we did on Easter Sunday from John 18:37. Pontious Pilate talked privately to Jesus and said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” So, my friend, I hope you keep listening to His voice and walking toward the light. The most important thing you can do as a parent is promote your girls’ relationship with God. Your parents did that with you the same way mine did with me. When you feel rundown, think of Isaiah 40:31 "but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." I once knew a young girl who had wings like an eagle. I pray she finds them once again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lesa!

Happy birthday! I'd sing, but you know how terrible of a singer I am. Thinking of you and hoping you a fantastic birthday weekend!

Love,
BR - uh, I mean, BH - now that I've been married for 8 years ...

Anonymous said...

Gotta love advice from the kids--its the greatest!!!!-- LoveAunt Deb