Friday, July 4, 2008

July 3rd, 2008 - Fireworks ROAD TRIP!!


For those of you who don't know, Dad, Jeff (sometimes Shana) and I have been road-tripping it to MO for fireworks the night before the 4th ever since I can remember. It's a regular, yearly occurance where I drive the birthday boy (dad) the 50 odd miles to Eagleville, MO to see how much $$ we can spend. For the last maybe 4 or 5 years we've been buying our fireworks from a short little white haired dude named Firecracker Phil. Firecracker Phil has a big red and white striped tent where he sleeps in his car to watch his goods for the 10 days leading up to the 4th of July. We've become such great friends that when we arrive (usually at 11p) Firecracker Phil is ready for a beer/cig break where he tells us that he's saved some great stuff back for us this year, or how was the show last year, or just plain makin' stuff up. But he ALWAYS remembers it's dad's birthday and always gives him the same 'cake' for his birthday (suitiblly named The 4th of July, which we always shoot off when we get home, somewhere around 2am). This year, Firecracker Phil surprised all of us by giving us t-shirts saying "I got banged at Firecraker Phil's". We love Firecracker Phil!! See ya next year buddy!!

L

No comments: