Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Poop strikes again...

Yes, you guessed it, Monday morning mom and dad woke up to the black (poop) sludge again. We had a crazy rain storm on Sunday night that lasted 6 hours (how do I know this?? JY was up for the whole thing) and left us with 4 inches of rain on the ground, 12 inches of water in the cellar and black (poop) sludge in mom and dad's lower level. Mother Nature isn't being very kind to the little guys, she's being down right nasty about it. Mom must have had a premonition because when we were together on Sunday she said "I wonder if the sewer will back up into our house again tonight"....I don't know if she jinxed it or she really did sense it coming on, she even picked up a comforter off of the floor by the washing machine. So mom made me proud and proceeded to call every city council member for the City of St. Charles and told them she was having a cleaning party and they were all invited. Guess who showed up?? No one, just JY and mom and dad were on clean up duty...I watched, duh. I'm not a good helper, I'm more there for the moral support - hey my mom said so!!

As for the 12 inches of water in the cellar of the Young's house, we borrowed the sump pump from Tom and Judy, and boy am I glad they don't charge ;) Judy asked me if we wanted a sump pump for Christmas, and the more I think about it, the better it sounds :) But only if it's Christmas in July...

Other than the drama of more poop/water, not much to report from home base. Lylli is getting ornery, much to Lybbi's annoyance. The girls took and completed swimming lessons and passed to a higher level for next year. Allyson's social calendar has been very busy and Emily's has been non-existent, which ticks her off :) And Jeff and I are taking a little time off from work and taking time with the kids for the next couple of days...should be "relaxing" LOL.

Stay tuned....

Luv ya,
L

No comments: