And I have never worked so hard to get something done like I did this weekend, which is probably why I feel like ass right now from lack of sleep and just runnin' my fool head off!! Friday I worked 1/2 a day and hit the ground running getting ready for the festivities on Friday night. We set up, told people where they could set up, moved people after they set up, sweat our a$$es off and made a lot of 'friends' ;) While the program was going on, I was helping another committee member set up for the wine tasting (I didn't hit the wine tasting this year like I did last year, thank goodness for me showing a little restraint). I returned home at 11pm that night and went to bed shortly after.
Saturday morning we were up at 7a to see JY off to the 3 on 3 bball tourney that was at 8a. We stayed and chatted for a little while before heading up to the SCOS park were I was in charge of the kids games. This year we had a REAL frog jumping contest where the kids had to bring a REAL frog and it was mentioned prior to the festival that I would provide a frog if you couldn't catch one. Sooooo, anyone who reads the blog on a regular basis knows that I had absolutely NO time to catch frogs this past week, thank goodness for Michelle's kids who caught about 9 frogs for me (one that met it's demise squished under a wooden sign, bummer Slye). So that was pretty hectic and I ticked a couple of parents off because I kinda kept changing the rules as I went - HEY, this was my first time w/ the frog jump, back off!! I'm allotted an hour, the frog jump lasted 20 minutes before I called a halt to the chaos. We had an egg toss that ended up with my nephew Braydon getting an egg on the head. We ended the 45 minutes of kids games with a water balloon toss. I think it went well, don't know if anyone else did, but hey, if they didn't they can do the games next year, yeah :)
We worked on our "Under the Big Top" float that the 6 grand kids were on. Our float was named Backyard Circus kind of a kids in the backyard impromptu kinda thing, ya get what I'm sayin'? Mom and dad weren't sure that we would get a prize because they thought it looked a little sad. I thought it looked GREAT and all the kids had their own little part in it (Allyson was a girl on a rocking horse, Emily and Lybbi did dog tricks, Sophia and Sabryn were on a teeter totter, Brayden was a juggler and Beau was sword swallower) and we had 3 dogs on it, it was sweet!! I had high hopes and Emily was very sure that we would get 1st, because duh mom, we always get 1st. This is true but, you just never know what everyone else is going to come up with. Soooooo, we got first, A-GAIN. I'm glad we didn't disappoint Emily :) I think this makes the 8th year in a row we've gotten 1st. The Egli/Young's just can't be shut down!! I'm kicking myself because I didn't get a picture of the kids on the float and the video attached SUCKS butt, so, sorry you can't enjoy the winning float.
The rest of the day was a blur and I walked into my BFF's house at 1030p with a storm on my heels, stayed for about 45 minutes then called it a night. JY and I had to get up at 6am on Sunday morning for the OS golf tourney that the Net Club sponsored at Deer Run in Indianola. It was a very nice morning that turned sticky and hot about 11a. Poor Jeff played while I rode around in a golf cart taking pictures and staying "cool". We had lunch and made it back to Casa Young at 3pm. We watched a movie, made dinner and I fell asleep on the couch at 830p being woke up every 30 minutes because I was snoring very LOUD - who me?? I woke up and went to bed at 130a.
Note to self for next year, take the Monday after St. Charles Old Settlers off from your real job :) Also, my official title for the weekend was Mary's B*tch and really, I'm ok with that, I certainly don't want to be in charge :)
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did this weekend :)
Luv,
L
2 comments:
I'm with Em - Duh, OF COURSE, you got first place! Why would you even think you wouldn't?
Dude. I'm exhausted from reading this and all the work you had to go through to pull off SCOS. Either that or I'm still exhausted from the little bit of it that I experienced ;)
Cheers - here's to 09 SCOS...lol...
So what you're saying is that you want to join the committee, right?? I heard you volunteer in there somewhere :)
Post a Comment