In the Young house!!
After many, many road blocks (i.e. Iowa weather), the basketball season for the girls officially started yesterday. I sat in the gym for 6.5 hours yesterday and was ready for a drink or 5 by the time I left!! It was a great start for Allyson's team who killed the other team, however, Emily's team didn't do so well in the 2 games they played. I hope this isn't how the season will continue for Em's team...they work so hard but just can't seem to pull out a W. We have 5 more weeks of regular season play then the JY Classic in March then we'll be done...I'm tired already.
As if basketball didn't keep us busy enough, both girls made the Exhibition Team for gymnastics. For the next 2 months we have performances at our local schools, Drake and Graceland. Throw in gymnastic competitions and we are FULL up!! Keeping busy has never been a problem in this house, I'm just not sure I'm ready for all that :) Ready or not, it's on...
I'll keep ya posted on all this business that will be our lives for the next few months...guess I better get my butt conditioned for a whole lotta bleacher sitting...ugh...however much I complain, nothing puts a smile on my face more than watching my girls do what they love, gymnastics and basketball.
Thanks for checking in....I need you to feel my pain :)
L
2 comments:
Better buy a seat cushion and get ready!!!! Enjoy the fun!!!!!! Aunt Debbie
where are you, girl? come on. We are waiting to hear how you are gettin' on. toughin it out. Getting by.
We expect great things from you. eventually. SOON!
Post a Comment