Monday, May 31, 2010

I'm a big girl now...

That's right, I went camping this weekend...for THREE WHOLE DAYS!! I'm not saying I did it ALL by myself but for the most part, I kinda did.

Since this was the first time the girls and I have been camping, I made a few mistakes, decided I need to add a few neccessities and I forgot a few things that you can be certain I won't forget the next time. I didn't bathe or brush my teeth every day and by the end of the weekend I was wearing a hat (an Iowa hat no less) and no eye liner, eek!! I was a hot mess but I didn't care one bit!! And, funny, no one else cared either.

The girls had a GREAT time and can't wait to do it all over again next weekend with their cousin's. This was the girls first time ever camping and they did really well. I heard "I'm bored" less than 100 times so to me it was a success :)

Short work week but busy at home...Ally has softball Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Thanks for checking in...

L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lesa,

How awesome you all had a wonderful time camping. Oh...the memories you will make with Cakes and Estar that they will carry with them for a lifetime. I was thinking of you and the girls this weekend. When the kids were young, we used to tent with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm thinking a camper would have been quite nice...especially in the rain. Yes, you will learn what you need and what you don't need camping. It kind of gets you back to the basics of living. Hopefully sometime we can come and sit around a campfire with you. Take special care. My Love to you, Deb

Nance said...

I love camping! and who needs to brush teeth when you are camping in the great outdoors? lol! Did the Bible say that Noah packed toothbrushes? In my opinion, camping and volunteering are two things that teenagers and preteens should do. It will broaden and enliven them for life.