To start listening to country music again, after a 5 month hiatus, I fall face first into a song titled 'Address in the Stars' and I'm all....are you kidding me with this sh*t? And GD if I didn't just break down and bawl driving down University Ave.
Address in the Stars
I stumbled across your picture today
I could barely breathe
The moment stopped me cold and grabbed me like a thief
I dialed your number but you wouldn't be there
I knew the whole time but it's still not fair
I just wanted to hear your voice
I just needed to hear your voice
What do I do with all I need to say
So much I wanna tell you everyday
Though it breaks my heart
I cry these tears in the dark
I write these letters to you but they get lost in the blue
Cause there's no address in the stars
Now I'm drivin' through the pitch black dark
I'm screaming at the sky
Oh cause it hurts so bad
Everybody tells me, oh all I need is time
Then the mornin rolls in and it hits me again
Light ain't nothin' but a lie
What do I do with all I need to say
So much I wanna tell you everyday
Though it breaks my heart
I cry these tears in the dark
I write these letters to you but they get lost in the blue
Cause there's no address in the stars
Without you here with me
I don't know what to do
I'd give anything just to talk to you
Though it breaks my heart
Oh it breaks my heart
All I can do is write these letters to you
But there's no address in the stars
You can listen to it HERE on YouTube...You have to hear it to feel it......
L
Edit: This song is amazing not only because this happens to me everyday BUT J's mom always refers to him sitting on his own star watching over all of us.
2 comments:
Dear Lesa,
I imagine you ask yourself daily how does one bear this pain I am carring everyday and keep moving forward in "Living Life". The answer is to keep doing what you are doing! You gave up "Country" for a while, then you felt the time was right to try it again. That is good! You may decide to give it up again for a while, or you may not. You will know when it is right..the important thing is you are trying.. You are dealing with the cards you have been dealt admirably. Your heart is broken and the tears will come..
When you can't bear another moment and need to talk to Jeff, call up to his "Shining Star". He will hear you and love you through your heartache from his new home at the corner of HOPE and LOVE. You are always on my heart Lesa. Love and Hugs, Deb
and do you think it was just a coincidence that this day was the day you decided to try country music again? come on. . .
Someone one wanted you to hear this song. Someone shares your thoughts and feelings. Your regrets and sorrows. Someone watches over you.
Post a Comment