Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reflections of late....

I never before considered myself to be selfish, ever. I am the most selfless person you'll ever meet, at least in my opinion.

Since losing J, I have become the most selfish person I know. I don't like it. I'm selfish in my grief, but I am not the only one going thru this. Believe it or not, I have to remind myself of this, a lot. I don't like it.

Sometimes, while sitting alone in the house after the girls have gone to bed, I find myself focusing too much on what I don't have or what I've lost and not enough time focusing on being thankful for ALL of the things I do have. I've hurt a lot of people with my selfishness. I don't like it.

I working on changing it.

In the words of a wise man and the best BS'r, be patient grasshopper.

L

No comments: