Friday night was spent arguing with Verizon about the phone I purchased 4 months ago, they just didn't understand how I could be unhappy about being over promised and under delivered to, I don't get it either. I won in the end and got a NEW phone, (that is so complicated I'm not sure I can figure it out) yay me!! Maybe I'll let the girls play with it so they can teach me how to use it, I'm just sayin' :)
Saturday morning I woke up at 9am, the hour in which we planned on leaving the house to spend the day at Adventureland (thank you AgLeader!!). On the way there (an hour later), Jeff and I argued about how long it's been since we've been to Adventureland. I said it's been since when Emily was a baby and he said it's been since High School. Then he tried to convince me that the Dragon was less than 5 years old, yeah, I don't think so man!! I've been on the Dragon and I haven't been to A-Land in the last 5 years for sure!! We agreed to disagree.. I will tell you that, A-Land hasn't changed...sure they have a few new rides, taller shade trees so you don't slow cook on the asssss-fault, but they don't have the Mamba (Worlds of Fun) all they have is the Tornado (lame-o) and the Dragon and a couple of other migraine makers. And to top it all off, the WHOLE PARK is smoke free. I mean, come on, I'm a courteous smoker just like the next guy and let's face it smokers are out numbered anymore anyway, couldn't you just let us have a little tiny smoking section?? NO, we smokers have to go ALL THE WAY to the front of the park and outside just to light up. I get it, I really do, but seriously folks if you didn't want me to come back, it worked. The girls had a good time (even if it wasn't Worlds of Fun) and that's all the mattered - even if Jeff and I turned into our parent's and just sat and waited for them to ride the ride and moved on to the next one. So, we called it a day at 6pm after being rained on twice and me tired of walking to the front of the park for some 'fresh air'.
Saturday night consisted of setting up for a high school bball tourney in which the Net Club sponsored the concessions (Thanks Master Chef Tom for making the beef burgers that they sold out of!!). After that, we spent some time with the Richardson's hearing about how Slye did at Gymnastics Nationals (without us) and playing Pitch until the wee hours of the morning. Fun times!!
Sunday I slept in, wahoo for me!! Got up at like 1030a, put my swimming suit on and 'laid out' in the pool (that comes up to my knees, but hey the floaty raft fits and so do I). Of course, I didn't lay in the pool on the floaty raft, the water was just too cold. So, instead, I stood in the pool (that comes up to my knees), read an entire book cover to cover and proceeded to burn the H out of my back, arms and neck. I couldn't pray for sun-kissed skin the whole 7 hours we were at A-Land but 3 hours in the pool (that comes up to my knees) I got fried. I don't get it.
I finally hit the hay at 12a, tried to watch my boy Horatio on CSI Miami, woke up at 1a to turn the TV off and crashed hard. There you have it, the exciting lives of the Young's. My house is still messy, the clothes are still in the walk-in closet (my dinning room) and here I am, livin' the dream baby, livin' the dream!!
Luv ya!
L
2 comments:
They're childhood can now be considered complete - ah, the obligitory trip to Adventureland. What good parents you are! You didn't mention the silly silo...surely that would be right up Allyson's alley.
Oh we didn't leave out the Silly Silo!! I'm not afraid to say that back in the day I did a 23 ride stint on that thing. However, in my advanced age one ride on Saturday made me want to lay down and die on the spot. Allyson rode it at least 2 more times after that, stepping over my dead body as she went. Right up her alley for sure!!
L
Post a Comment