Saturday, June 7, 2008

I suppose I asked for it....

So, remember how I ended my last post. You know about how I would wake up to 5 inches of water in my cellar...well I was a little short in my guess-timation. This morning started like every other weekday morning, late and so I'm in a mad rush to get out of the house....At 7:30a when I'm set to walk out the door I find mom trying to beat my door down, seriously. She busts in and says "I don't know what to do, we had a sewage back up last night during the storm". RAW SEWAGE, you know as in other peoples sh*t. So, I'm all like, NO WAY and mom loses her sh*t right there and I'm, again, like NO WAY and she says, YES F**&^% WAY!! So she tells me that they had 4 inches of sewage in the basement. And I'm thinking in my little head, OMG, the pool table, the 55 inch screen projector TV, the fantastic speakers that crank SingStar and then I think of all the other little things, gone/ruined/covered in sh*t. I just can't believe it, I can't.

So we make our way down to my cellar and the water is so high it's almost covering the 2nd step from the bottom and I just don't go any further thinking the worst. There isn't 5 inches, but 12 inches total in my cellar, 1 inch away from the bottom of my furnace and 4 inches up on my water heater. My stomach sours at the thought of having to replace even one of those big ticket items. But this I (I meant to say Jeff) can fix this, we (again, I meant Jeff) can bale or siphon this out right??

So I HAVE to go to work for a couple of hours to finish something and then I'm heading back home to 'help' out. Yeah, so 5 hours later I leave to come home and I find my wonderful husband (yes, I meant to say that) working so hard to fix our problem, um, on the couch. LOL, he worked all morning while I was at work and was taking a little 'break'. Finally, by the end of the afternoon, all of the water is out of the cellar (with the help of a borrowed sump pump from Jeff's dad). Whew, thank goodness and just in time for the next set of storms coming up.

Mom and dad, however, aren't fairing so good. They found out that the City of St. Charles isn't liable for this as was once explained to them that the City will indeed pay for this...(and the other shoe drops) mom & dad's home owners insurance may or may not cover this because they didn't add the option of sewer damage. I guess it's an option only, WTF?? I don't understand how this can happen, my parent's are good people, they don't deserve this at all.

So, there is a lot of work ahead for the Austin/Young's. I'm a pretty good supervisor, yes, I am.

Luv to you all.
L

3 comments:

Jodi (Landals) Landry said...

Honey...my universal good wishes are with you and your family!!!! Sewage sucks and so not in a good way!!! If ya need time on Monday...take it....it is all good and I will be just fine!
J

Jodi (Landals) Landry said...

PS---check me out...I have an avatar!! lol!!! No clue how I did that.
J

T.L. Krumm said...

UGH...that's horrible! I just don't know what to say...your poor mother...