Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm sure most of you know...

That Emily, Allyson and Slye got to meet their gymnastics idol one random day in February 2008 and snapped this picture (god bless Shana for having hers with her, even tho I got a purse camera for Christmas from JY for instances like this). This is actually a picture of the picture Shana took, she has the original. Anyway, one day in February 2008, after a basketball game the girls had just played we stopped by Chow's so Emily and Allyson could see the gym where Shawn Johnson (and Slye) practiced. I must say, it was a bit of a shock seeing her, I could barely speak (again thank god for Shana as she was the one to form words asking if she would take a picture with the girls). It was amazing that we even saw her, I'm not kidding. There was no one else in the gym at the time, just Shawn, her mom and a reporter and all we were doing was checking out the gym from the upper level. We rounded the top of the stairs and OMG if she wasn't right there!!

The girls, all three of them, were so stunned that they couldn't even speak. They each told her their names and shook hands and got this picture. Now, she's on NBC working her butt off at the Olympics for the USA. Isn't life grand? Go Shawn!! WE love you!!

L

No comments: