Sometime this morning when the sky was dark and turning bright, Grandpa Austin passed away peacefully in his sleep, in his own bed, in his own home which is how he always wanted it.
I got to say good-bye to grandpa as he lay 'sleeping' and waiting for his ride to the funeral home. I held my sister's hand as she did the same. I held my BFF's hand as she did the same.
I watched a family divided step up and put aside whatever issues families have to comfort each other. I was proud.
Wherever you are grandpa, know you were loved and you will be missed.
Thank you to all for your thoughts and prayers for my family.
L
3 comments:
Great...now I am a blubbering mess! :) Lots of happy thoughts and prayers to you and yours for the next few days. Know you are not alone sister friend!
Luv juu(always p/c)
J
It was nice to see our family come together as they did. Maybe they will realize that life it too short to fight and be miserable.
It was also nice just to see everyone together again. I think Grandpa would be proud of the family and the services (including the VFW guys).
No truer word have been written Jared!! The VFW guys made the funeral, that was just awesome. If you were there and didn't lose your sh*t during Taps, then you have no heart and I don't like you.
Post a Comment