Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sweet Corn....as far as the eye can see :)

This is what the corn looked like prior to shucking (nasty job). If you wanted to know what 30+ dozen ears of sweet corn looks like, take a good look...

Mom made Jeff take this picture because I'm actually working and not standing around smoking and drinking diet Dr. Pepper :) Please excuse the hair and the swimsuit, it was a scorcher that day :) Unless you think I look HOT, then no excuses needed (LOL)

And this is what 30+ dozen ears of sweet corn looks like after it's been blanched, cut and bagged. There were 66 bags all together, so we (mom, Jeff and I, and Shana) each got 22 bags to savor during the winter months. The heat and the hand cramps will all be worth it then :)

Luv ya,
L

1 comment:

T.L. Krumm said...

Did your mom take you to see a movie as a reward for a job well done afterward? If not, you need to work on that!