Monday, September 8, 2008

How I spent my weekend by LY

Hi all!! Wow, we had a busy weekend!! Friday night was spent with Julie and the kids in DSM getting pedi's, birthday presents and shower presents then JY and I played a couple of games of cards at mom and dad's. Saturday morning I took part in a shower of sorts for my good friend Brian and his wife Alesia to welcome their new little boy Cody (thanks mom for making the 4 dozen waffle cookies for me!!). Saturday afternoon was spent at a purse party (that was just trouble waiting to happen) at the Rankin's and home in bed by 1030p. Sunday dawned bright and early for the girls to get to Sunday School on time, then I conned JY into a trip to DSM for groceries with a promise of lunch!!

Sunday evening, our presence was requested at a birthday party for my (soon to be 9 years old tomorrow) nephew Brayden. Before leaving to hit the party, I needed to find my can coozie - it was important!! So, flip flops on I headed out to the car, in the garage. I can't even explain to you what happened next only the result...I successfully rid myself of 3/4 of my big toe nail (pictures below if you can stand it). Snapped clean off. So, I hobble back into the house screaming for JY, shaking like I never have only for him to start freaking out that he's gonna throw up or something and I'm all, GET ME SOMETHING, NOW!! So, he wets a wash cloth down and "gently" lays it across my toe. YOWZA...not cool. So, Emily has to run over to Granny's house to get peroxide (I mean, who has that just laying around??) JY hunts up some gauze and tape and we tape the sucker up and I pop some good 800mg ibuprofen and I need a smoke, like RIGHT NOW!! I made it to the bday party, because I'm not going to let a little thing like a mostly missing toe nail get me down, and end up hobbling around and kicking a football in my path and almost passing out (again) from the pain and we call it a night!! I mean, who has that much excitement in one day?? So, because I've done this to myself, the weather has decided that since the ONLY shoe I can wear is a flip flop it's only gonna get into the 50's for a while, perfect!! And p/s, the girls went looking for my snapped off toe nail and found it right where I left it, in the lip of the door leading to the garage. Just simmer on that picture for a second....yeah, I know, neato!!

I hope everyone had a super weekend like I did!! Fun times!!

Luv to you all,
L


4 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks painful. Sorry to hear it.

Happy BDay to Brayden!!

Jodi (Landals) Landry said...

Dude...I dont know which is more disturbing...that nasty a$$ toe, or the Hannah Montana dispenser sitting on your sink!!! Bet you got NKOTB body wash too, huh!!! :) Luv juu!!!

T.L. Krumm said...

dry heaving...not sure what I would do if that was MY toe...good thing sandal season is over - but then again, that's prolly the only thing you can wear. So sorry!

Lesa said...

Gross doesn't even cover it :) Jodi, you mentioned the Hannah Montana soap, no mention of the dirty ass faucet. GROSS - I'm dirty!

L