My how time flies when your...um, having fun :) So much has happened this past weekend that I know I won't remember any of it!! In preparation of the Labor Day weekend, dad, mom and Jeff cut wood in anticipation of several fires in the back yard. Because of all the rain this summer we've had only a handful of fires to sit around, so we were going to make up for lost time. And since I don't do well with manual labor (like you didn't see that coming), my job was to sit on the golf cart and smoke cigs to keep the mosquitoes away (no joke). That and to provide moral support for the peeps lugging the logs to the lawn mower to be hauled off. I might be the coolest person I know.
So wood cut the weekend could begin. Friday night was low key with a fire and calling it an early night. Saturday morning the yahoo's (Lylli and Lare) had an appointment for shots, $83 later we're good for a month. A little shopping some fishing gear, more wood cutting, fishing in the evening and another fire sitting session on Saturday night we called it early again. Sunday, we slept in a little and the boys (dad, Jeff and Travis) went golfing while the girls (Julie, mom, Tana and I) stayed back to watch the kids swim and complete a scavenger hunt. The boys home and it's dinner on the grill (to include the fish we caught the evening before) and yet another fire. Monday was the day of rest and we didn't do ANYTHING and this includes not doing the laundry or cleaning the house, yippee!!
Tuesday it's back to work. Today I sprung the girls early from school and Allyson got 2 warts frozen off of her foot only to have to return in 30 days to do it all again - with wrapping her warts w/ Vaseline and duct tape in between.
Gymnastics started tonight with me thinking and so it begins the whole night. Tomorrow is more gymnastics!! This year, Emily is going to Jr Coach!! This is a huge thing for her, not only for her self esteem, it's a big help to my wallet :) She's very excited to be doing it although it's a huge chunk of homework time but she says she can handle it. I haven't seen anything she hasn't been able to handle yet!! She will be assisting the class that her 2 cousins are in which makes it even more exciting :)
I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I need to get a head start on Basketball that's right around the corner and by god I'm going to be ready for it this year. You'd think the 3 year it would get easier and more organized, whatever!!
Think of me :)
L
No comments:
Post a Comment