Why am I making a HUGE deal out of this?? Because this is the first big accomplishment she hasn't had to share with her sister. I'm equally proud of both of the girls, but let's face it, Emily is a big over achiever (sp) and Allyson is the one who just floats on by. She finally beat her arch enemy on another team (by a whole point I might add). On the outside, Allyson was calm, cool and collected. While in her eyes, you could tell, she was dang proud of what she did. And so am I!!
Emily did just as well today. She bounced back from having the worst meet of her life 2 weeks ago at pre-state, getting last place in both events she got 2nd and 2nd in today with more girls than the last time.
Watching the girls out there, giving all they have and not really caring what place they get just as long as in their heart of hearts they know they gave their all, makes me tear up. And anyone who knows me, knows I DON'T CRY.
Stay tuned, tumbling tomorrow!!
L
1 comment:
Yeah - that's awesome!
Post a Comment