I tried posting this on Thursday night, but something was wrong with the site, so I'm glad I can post it now!!
So, I wonder if my kids will ever get along with each other long enough to realize they #1 love each other and #2 they fight about the stupidest things?? I try and remember my childhood with my sister and decided that we really weren't friends until I moved out of the house. This is sad. My sister (now) is one of my best friends. Emily and Allyson can't see this....tonight's big drama happened after gymnastics practice as we sat down for dinner (of course we use TV trays because who can eat on a dinning room table that doubles as a closet, dinning rooms are so yesterday anyway). Allyson was doing her homework, again on a TV tray, in the spot Emily always sets her TV tray to eat dinner. OMG, all hell broke lose. Emily really needs to learn to pick her battles with Allyson, because I'm afraid to say it, Ally just doesn't care. The thing with the girls is that there is no middle ground, they either love each other or they hate each other with a few punches thrown in (by Allyson). I may not have liked my sister all the time, but I quickly figured out that hey, she wasn't going anywhere. She would always want to hang out with me, be in my face, and in my things..because let's face it, I am just that cool. I just hope that one day Emily and Allyson figure out that sometimes your sister is all you have.
1 comment:
Yep, it just goes with the sibling territory - the battle doesn't end until it's too late and you realize how much fun it could have been if you had just gotten along! And, hey, you forgot to mention how luck you all are to even HAVE a sister :)
Post a Comment