Head Lice....your itching your head, aren't you?? I know I am. So I left a couple of hours early from work yesterday to catch the assembly the girls had at school where the gymnastics team performed part of their benefit show for Lexi Young and worked up a sweat just watching them when after the show Emily says, mom, my head has been itching all day long....So, like a good mom, I reply you probably just have dry skin. Not so much....We get home and I check her head and gasp, LOUD, and Emily says, WHAT?? Um, I say, how long has your head been itching?? If you don't know what head lice looks like, google search it and you'll see what I was looking at. GROSS.
So, I go to Montross and Jackie McKinney helps me purchase what I need and being Jackie McKinney, she checks ME for head lice and declares me free of the bugs that have invaded my childs head. So, I get home, Jeff sprays every possible place Emily may have laid her head, which is a lot of places, and I get the duty of treating both girls. So, for 3 hours I spent shampooing, rinsing, combing and picking hair. Allyson wasn't affected but I treated her anyway.
So, then I have to make the calls to the baby sitter, gymnastics coach and write a letter to the school that we've treated a case of head lice. Neat....I feel so dirty. Fun little fact, those crazy assed little bugs like CLEAN hair....my suggestion, don't make your kids shower, sure they'll be the smelly kids but hey, they won't be scratching their heads :)
Fun times brought to you by the Young house.
L
1 comment:
lol...j.mckinney checking your head for lice in the middle of Montross...I can't get the picture out of my head...
Post a Comment