So, mom and I have been mushroom hunting for over a week now and have been skunked each time we've gone out. But TODAY was the day!! Mom got a hot tip at work today and we rolled with it. We hit the mother lode bringing home 12, count em' 12 mushrooms. Now, let me back up a little bit and tell you, these were the teeniest little mushrooms I've ever seen. We picked em anyway :) Out of those 12, I found 2 and this was right before we called it a night. Let me tell you, it's just like fishing, everyone else is catching them but you aren't. I just about threw in the towel when low and behold, I spotted 2 right next to each other (I wish I would have had my camera, you would have laughed your a$$ off at these little guys) and I wasn't even looking. I was trying to untangle myself (yet again) from a @#$&! thorn bush.
Keep on keeping on is what I learned. That and the ticks are out in full force!!
L
No comments:
Post a Comment