Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to my baby sister...

My baby sister is celebrating the 2nd anniversary of her 30th birthday today. You know, we weren't always friends, there was even a time when we didn't speak to each other but now I don't know of one other person I'm more proud to call my sister. She really is who I wanted to be when I grew up, I'm not kidding. She's everything I'm not and I love who she is. We couldn't be more opposite: She's tall, I'm short. She's skinny, I look 5 months pregnant. She's so put together, I'm what I just pulled out of the dryer wrinkles and all. Well, you know what they say, opposites attract and I wouldn't change one thing about her.

Since losing J, she's been my rock, my saving grace, my sounding board, my best friend, the best Aunt, the one I call when I need to b*tch about something and just there even when I don't know that I need her. So, sis, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. From the bottom of my heart I love you (even when you annoy me...LOL). L

Yes, that's Julie with the big hair. I'm still trying to figure out how she snowboarded without getting one hair out of place, amazing.
Awe, Julie so cute and innocent!!
Gee, I wonder where I get trying to dress my kids alike. This was our way cool stage..OMG.
See, I'm playing with my live doll. I was so happy when she came home from the hospital, my very own live doll. I'm sure she hated every second of it.
I think this is Julie, I can't really tell with all the spaghetti she's wearing :)
Pretty, pretty princess.
We were best friends even back then when it wasn't cool to be friends with your sister.
Much love.

I love ya sis.
L

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lesa, for the nice tribute. The fact of the matter is, I wouldn't be anywhere else than right by your side helping you through the most difficult time in your life. If I can do just one thing to make your life easier, I will absolutely do it. That's what sister's are for and I know you would do the same for me.

We will celebrate with a drink in Florida next month to being sister's and best friends. The truth is, I've always considered you my best friend. Who else did I know who was always going to be there for me...

Thank you and Luv ya, Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey-
Love the footie pajamas L. Wish we could still get by with wearing those. They just don't fit the same as the used to....What's up with that?

Great Blog, love the pics of you two, and oh, of Bill as well. He could have been a porn star!

Lots of love,
SE

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ULIE ANN!!!I will never forget the priviledge of being there when you were born. I met Uncle Marty a week later and her says all I talked about was you and your birth.I have the princess pic in my wedding album.Love the matching shirts and all the fun hairdos!! Thanks Lesa for posting those!! Love Aunt Debbie