And I hated every minute of it. Ok, hate is kind of a strong word. Uncomfortable might be a better way to describe it.
This morning I was up and out of bed at 7a, no sleeping in for me today. It was a girl day, with no kids!! Julie, Tana and I drove to Williamsburg to the outlet to gear up for Florida (not that I'm counting or anything but our trip is ONLY 11 days away!!). I won the prize for big spender of the day while my sidekicks just let me. Thanks for the support guys, you could have told me how horrible I looked and I would have spent less, sheesh, I need a better support group :)
We got home in just enough time to shower and get all gussied up. I went to a murder/mystery dinner at Summerset Winery as Julie's date (Travis owes me BIG time) with Chad and Kristi and Jeff and Susan. I'm sorry guys, but that was boring!! First off I had to get all fancified, be completely uncomfortable and make nice like I was enjoying myself. I had a few good laughs, the dinner was good and I can now cross 'go to a murder/mystery dinner' off of my bucket list. Fun stuff!!
After the dinner, we went to the SC Lion's Hall for a 'retirement as I35 Wrestling coach' for Dean Downs. I left shortly after getting there because I felt like I was the tag-a-long and I don't do well in crowds that know I lost J. I didn't feel anonymous enough and had to get out of there. J would have been the life of the party and would have been making fun of me for going and honoring the a$$ grabber coach. He was funny like that....I missed him horribly tonight.
I'm kind of in a mood tonight so I'll leave you with that...
L
3 comments:
I can only imagine the fun of Gma's inventory--I remember when I was looking fot earring how many lipsticks we found. She was always afraid of another depression.I wish I could help--but I am sure it is a chore--I can only imagine counting all the yarn /fabric and all in the sewing room.I definitely agree that was here motto. Thanks Love Aunt Deb
oops put it on the wrong one:{
Lesa, you are doing okay with this process called "mourning". Really. I think so, anyway.
One step forward. One step back. Then forward again. Better than two steps back.
Post a Comment