Monday, March 2, 2009

Instead of Where's Waldo....it's Where's Lesa???

Never fear for I have returned. Yep, we've been busy, so busy I've run myself into the ground, or into bed, I've been so tired. Anyhoot, here's a little catch up for you, no, no you can't sit down :)

Let's start with Wednesday LAST week. My washer broke, yep it did. How do I know this?? (I am a girl after all) Hm, my towels are soaking, what the H? I'll run it thru again and maybe the spin cycle will do what it's supposed to do...yep still wet. Ring, ring...hey dad I think my washer is broke. Dad, Uncle Bruce and mom come over and declare it all broked up. Nice. So, Friday night I bought a new washer AND dryer...the new dryer because YOU KNOW that would have broke this week :)

Saturday morning I gave blood (yea me) and walked in the house at 955a. At 10a the phone is ringing and it's JY's mom, um Lesa, is Allyson playing bball today. Yes, her game is at 11a. JY's mom's all, no, she plays at 10a. WTF?? Who changed the schedule and didn't tell me?? OMG, yep, Allyson made it just in time to play the second half of her game. Great, I'm that mom now. Ally's team won and Emily's team lost both games. Bummer!!

Sunday, gymnastics...in Melcher. We leave the house at 1130a, I'm driving mom, dad and the girls to Melcher on a nice Sunday drive. The trip was shorter than I thought because we got there in PLENTY of time. After what seems like forever Allyson is called, she got 2nd place (out of 7 girls). Another forever passes by and Emily is called, she got 3rd place (out of 3 girls). Good job girls. Just remember, I don't care where you stand on the podium, as long as you do your best. My heart just fills with pride watching you do what you do.

Today was a good day! Yeah, I needed one of those. Then I got home....In the mail was a card. I get cards everyday. Not a day goes by that there isn't one in the mail box, just thinking of you cards. Today, I received one from a colleague of Jeff's from CA. It was very nice, the letter was very nice and it made me cry. See, I don't think anyone knows how my life is everyday. I can't explain it so you will understand. The only way you will ever know is if, god forbid, you go thru it yourself.

Everyday I wake up knowing that I will never see, hear, smell, touch, talk to, fight with, hug or kiss Jeff again. Everyday I wake up with the scene from that morning running thru my head and thinking what if. Everyday I wake up and say, huh another shitty day ahead. And everyday I question whether I'll make it thru without pissing someone off because I'm not being a very good friend, sister, daughter, mother or if I'm not doing my job well enough or if people are thinking I'm making poor decisions or wondering if some kid at school is going to make fun of one of my girls or treat them badly or say something about Jeff to hurt their feelings. "Things" that I never thought about before, because I had everything I needed and wanted in J. It's true when I tell you that J was my everything - the best friend, the best fighter, the best maker upper, and I truly believe we were the best together. We, along with the girls, fit.

Today hurts more than it did yesterday, and I think J's mom said it right tonight while we were talking on the phone "the shock is wearing off". And I think she's right.

Everyday is a new day to count a first that we're/I'm doing without J. I know that they say time heals all wounds, but it doesn't make them disappear. I miss J, I miss him every second, minute, hour of everyday. So, here I am, just trying to make it thru another second, minute, hour, day.

Thanks for checking in.

L

3 comments:

Nance said...

I thank God for your daughters and for your Mama and Dad and sister, for your in-laws and all your family. Thank God for helping you through each second, each minute. For helping you through each day.

Damn. You miss him . . . and you will. You always will.

Anonymous said...

Lesa --We all Love you but we can't take the heart away. We wish we could.I'm not as good at word as Nance but remember it has been on 2+ months---yes 2+ VERY LONG months and it hurts so much because of what you did have, Hug the girls and hang in there. Love Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...

My Dear Lesa,
What a long sorrowful road we are traveling right now. It feels as though someone has riped your heart right out of your body and you have been left alive to live with the pain and anguish. I know you will never have the "Life" you planned on having with Jeff. I know you long for his special touch...his cute little smile...and his love, but Lesa, Jeff is just on the "other side" of us and even though we can't see or hold Jeff, our love for Jeff does not go away...nor ever will. You will love Jeff as long as you can breath...there will always be a special place in your heart that he will live forever. Be kind to yourself. Don't worry about the small stuff. Place your trust in you Lesa and know the decisions you make daily come from your heart. Give our Sweet Grand Angels, Estar and Cakes all my love and you take special care my Dear Lesa. I love you so much, Deb