Not only for my obvious reasons, but the hits just keep on a comin' to the Austin Family.
I found out tonight that a cousin of my dad's passed away today at his vacation home in Texas. I've known Dennis all my life but I just recently got to KNOW Dennis and his wife Mona while they were staying with my parent's when g'ma passed away in November (when they just happened to be back for his father's funeral, Uncle Joe). What a hoot Dennis was and honestly I think he was more in love with playing with fire than J was.
What a blessing it was to spend so much time with them when they were back. I was looking forward to a big Dennis hug when they rolled back thru from Texas to their home in Maine. I just want to reach out and give Mona a big hug and tell her, I know what she's going thru, the losing the husband part because her feelings are her own.
Please keep Mona and her family close to your heart.
And you see, this is why I struggle so much with the why and why I continue to shake my fists at the man above.
Thanks for checking in...
L
4 comments:
Lesa--Sometimes there are no answers!Life is just not fair.(((hugs))) to all
Dear Lesa,
I'm sorry you are going through yet another loss of a family member. My sympathies to your whole family. You are right...you do know what it feels like to lose your husband...you do know what Mona is going through. You may not know what she is feeling, but you do know what it feels like. You will have compassion for her, the likes you have never known before..because you are walking the same path. You feel the same pain. Helping others through their pain can help heal the deep deep wound within your heart. Lesa, anger is normal in the grief process. You must walk through anger to get to the other side. We will never know why Jeff was taken from us...it breaks my heart every moment I think of no more memories with Jeff, just as it breaks your heart. I understand your struggle Lesa..I know the struggle you are going through where nothing seems fair in your world. Lesa, My HOPE is that someday you will find PEACE in knowing God is there each day holding you up, and loving you through this sad sad journey. I love you so much Lesa and my heart aches for your pain too. You are always in my prayers as are Estar and Cakes. Jeff, You and the girls are forever a part of my soul. Take Special Care...Deb
it ain't. Not fair. Life is not fair. My Mama told me that 50 years ago and I believe her -- now.
On the other hand, I too believe that God is there holding you up. Holding me up. Helping you and me "get by". I hope you see Him, soon. Holding us up.
And Mona, may she be comforted by her family . . . and in the Lord.
As with Lesa, I've also known Dennis all my life but REALLY got to know him in the last few years. Robyn and I had the pleasure of spending a week with Dennis and Mona in Maine a few years back. And, oh, how we loved it. They were such gracious hosts that we had hoped to return the favor. We had the chance this last fall, although not under the best of circumstances. And as usual, Dennis was Dennis, living life to the fullest and enjoying what time we did share. He and Mona especially enjoyed our family get togethers around the fire. Dennis even remarked how the closeness we had mirrored the way he felt about his own family and how he looked forward to sharing the future times with Mona, his children and grandchildren.
He will be missed.
Jeffay and Dennis enjoyed life to the fullest. I say more than most. Which has made me come to one realization. Death is not sad, it's not living that's sad.
luv, dad
Post a Comment