Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday Allyson Kae!!

It's hard to imagine that my baby is turning 10 tomorrow. I tell her the wonderful story of her birth every year on her birthday, I don't think she believes all the going's on that I tell her about...

It was 10 years ago tonight (after tucking 15 month old Emily in with G'ma Deb) that J, mom, Julie and I checked into Mercy hospital at 1015p so that I could be induced. I was 3 days early, but I had been to see Dr. 'Hottie' that day and he gave me the option of being induced or waiting. Ok, really, do you think for one minute I had to ponder that?? Yeah, not so much, which is why we checked in May 19, 1999 at 1015p.

Earlier in the afternoon I told G'ma Austin I was going to have the baby tonight (wishful thinking on a fast delivery) and she smiled her lipstick smile, put a hand on either side of my face and said, 'Lesa, your going to have this baby tomorrow on the 20th, the same date big sister Emily was born - just like you and your sister'. Yeah, ok G'ma, I'll give you a call later tonight to let you know the baby has arrived...That lady was the smartest lady I knew.

Back in the room, we were having a slumber party!! Mom brought the movie 'Meet Joe Black', we had snacks and we were gonna talk all night long while J slept on the couch. WRONG. My labor nurse said absolutely not. Lesa is supposed to be resting. And I'm all, come on, I haven't seen that movie yet! And besides, in a couple of hours this will all be over anyway, I'm not tired. Yeah, I didn't get to see the movie, that night. I never had to be induced (I won't go into the details of the night) because by 645a ON THE 20TH I was in labor and begging for an epidural. I was shaking, rolled onto one side begging J to rub my back raw. Why do I feel the sudden urge to PUSH and why the hell isn't my hottie Dr here yet?? Julie sat, armed with the video camera, when Dr Hottie arrived. He barely got his scrubs on when he put his hands out to catch the baby, which he announced to a STUNNED room that it was a girl. JY's all, are you sure it's a girl, and Dr. Hottie's all, yeah pretty sure. (I don't tell Allyson this part, which is another reason why I haven't shown her the video of her birth because the uproar over her sex would probably not be good) J finally got to cut a cord and declared her beautiful, after checking her over from head to toe. I'm laying there watching him and I think, hey, I've seen that look before, you are straight hooked and in love buddy.

Baby girl Young hit the ground runnin' at 1016a on May 20th, 1999 and she's been hell on wheels ever since. She was baby girl Young until the day she came home from the hospital, only because the nurses said she couldn't leave without a name. Big sister Emily picked Allyson (with J's help) even tho she called her sissy for the first 5 years of her life.

Allyson, I want you to know that your daddy loved you with all of his heart. You may look like me, but you are your daddy's little girl. You liked to play in the dirt with him, fish with him, you made him carry you everywhere you wanted to go, you were his shadow, you were better than any boy he could have had and you had him wrapped around your tiny little finger from the moment he laid eyes on you. You two butted heads all the time and I would always tell him, she's a mini you J and he would say boy are we in some trouble. You have your daddy's toughness and zest for life. I don't know anyone else who could break a finger sit there, not cry but have an annoyed look on your face directed at me while I sat in the seat next to you on the way to the ER bawling my eyes out. I hope you always know that your daddy loved you this day and every day he was with us.

I love you Ally Kae, this day and every day to come!

Love,

Mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wheres the kleenex--Happy Birthday Ally!!!!!I never knew the gma story,
Love Aunt Deb (the ninnyhammer??!!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...I love you too Miss Ally Kae...longer than forever...I remember your "Birth" "Day" so well. The memory is tucked inside my heart, in a very special place, right along side many other special memories.
Your Grandma Deba

Amber said...

Dearest Allyson Kael ========Happy 10th Birthday ! Hope your special day was amazing!!