Monday, December 14, 2009

From the kitchen of JY - part 3

J had been with me long enough to know that I had a HUGE love for Banana Cream Pie, so much so that there were usually 2 BCP's at any family holiday: one for me only and one for the rest of the family. You just did not come between me and my banana cream pie, it just wasn't done. So, when J said he found a new recipe for my love, I was a little skeptical, why mess with perfection?? You want to add what to my beloved pie?? It was wonderful tho, and saying that to him after throwing a huge fit about adding pineapple to my fave pie, well, that was a tough one. He was right, I loved it.

This recipe is from www.foodnetwork.com and submitted by another fave chef of J's, Paula Deen.

Banana Split Cake

Ingredients
4 cups crushed graham crackers
3 sticks butter, room temperature
2 eggs
16-ounce box powdered sugar
20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
2 to 3 bananas, sliced (J added more because I love me some bananas)
12-ounce container whipped topping

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For crust, mix crushed graham crackers and 1 stick of butter. Line bottom and sides of a 13 by 9-inch pan with mixture. Bake crust for 5 to 8 minutes.
Beat the eggs, 2 sticks butter, and the powdered sugar until fluffy. Spread mixture on cooled crust. Add layer of crushed pineapple and layer of sliced bananas. Cover with whipped topping and sprinkle with nuts or graham crackers. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Yummy!! Enjoy, I have many more. Thanks for checking in.

L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The banana split cake was the last desert Jeff made for our annual Christmas party, it was awesome, but so rich we all couldnt believe he put a box of powdered sugar in th cake. Memories.....
Judy

Anonymous said...

Jeff was so proud of his Banana Split Cake and his awesome chili at our family Christmas 2008... they were both so very good. Yes indeed wonderful..wonderful memories. God..I miss him! Wonder what he is whipping up from his "Shining Star"? Thank you Lesa so much for shring his recipes with us. Brings Jeff to our table..and he would love that!
Love you! Deb