Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Again, it was brought to my attention...

That I'm slacking on posting (thanks TLK). So, lets see if I can remember what's been going on around here since last week.

Friday night we were a kid down (Ally) so we went out to dinner, just the 3 of us, to O'hana's. YUM!! Emily thought that was a pretty cool way to eat dinner and that Allyson really missed out, too bad she opt'd to spend the night with her friend.

Saturday morning Emily and I were in the car and back to DSM to get fixin's for a dish for the Austin family reunion (pictures below). I didn't mind, I got Starbucks on the way home, YIPPEE!! We hit the reunion at 1230p, just in time for dinner. We eat, we socialize and then JY took the girls home leaving me stranded 6 blocks from home..I know, right?? UB said he would take me home, thank god. So, at 3p I'm all, this is super spending time with all of you but I need to go home. UB isn't ready to leave so the obvious solution would be for me to take his SUPER HOT CAR home (I mean, I could have called JY to come and get me, but why??). So, that's what I did. So, for 6 blocks I drove the coolest car ever home and parked it in the drive. I am so cool!!

At 4p Saturday we sent the girls packing to Aunt Holly's with Grandma Deb for a slumber party. What?? What are we going to do JY?? So, we went to the casino in Osceola via DSM (again) and spent a couple of hours robbing the place. This never happens, we usually donate a nice little sum to the casino just for sitting in their chairs. So, we leave while we're pretty well ahead and hit the Truro bar. Oh buddy, we were kid less with nothing on the agenda, and we go to the Truro bar. Nice. I was the DD (no, not the drunk driver, the sober one - I'll take a diet coke please) and everyone there was TANKED!! I can have a good time being sober while everyone in the joint is loaded, but I wasn't in it to win it on Saturday night. So that visit was short lived. We came home and hung out watching TV, I took a little nap and then was up again at 130a started reading a book and didn't put it down until 430a and I was making myself put it down. Sometimes I just don't know when to stop, I'm so CRAZY.

Sunday, up at 830a, I mean why not?? Waited for the girls to get home then it's in the car driving to Lamoni - Graceland College to watch Beau play his last football game (I got better pictures of you this time buddy) - his team won. Then it's back in the car to Mt. Ayr to watch Brayden play his last game - his team lost, bummer. Dinner at the casino (we gave some $$ back) with mom and dad and home by 7p. Where did the weekend go?? I started laundry and finished by 2a - again with the stupid.

Monday was a rough one at work, at one point my boss caught me sleeping at the wheel (not a shining moment in time). That night the girls and I went to DSM for a few groceries and then back home.

Tuesday, slow day at work and then back in the car to DSM (do you see why we're so busy??) to Kinko's to print out 275 sign up forms for basketball sign up next week. Then taking dinner to grandma Austin, who was too tired to eat, so we just visited for a while. I don't know what hit me different about this visit than any other visit, but I cried (doesn't happen often) about the realization that she's not going to be around forever and she is looking the part. I miss her.

And if you read my earlier post, you know the excitement of the afternoon. Yeah, fun times. Does anyone want to trade?? One busy life for a much slower one?? I'm afraid with basketball and gymnastics meets starting, I may forget what lounging means.

Love to you all,
L

Emily trying to pick a fight with her dad. I'm thinking they were a teeny bit bored at the family reunion..just a thought.

One of the cool pictures I took of Beau.

How cool is this picture?? If you can't tell, Beau is the one on the ground just missing the kid running with the ball. I think he was trying to trip him..That's what I think anyway.

Buggy country.

Sabryn and Allyson messing around at Beau's game. Hey girls, the games the other way :)

Hot chicks at the reunion.

Grandma Austin and the boys.

The fam (that was present) and Grandma Austin.

No comments: