Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another semi busy weekend.....

Friday night was a girls night out!! Yeah, it wasn't like that :) Julie and I took Emily, Allyson, Sophia and Sabryn to Des Moines. Not because they wanted to, but because Julie and I wanted to go and the girls had to tag along even if they didn't want to. First stop, Lens Crafters. I got new glasses, yippee. JY is the one that needs to join this century and ditch the 7 year old glasses that he has, but I was the one who got them. Mine were broke, by the way. We were home by 930p, just in time to enjoy a fire dad had roaring in the back yard, what a BEAUTIFUL night!!

Saturday morning dawned bright and early and out of the house by 815a to drive to Jewell (north of Story City) to watch a couple of soccer games that JY's cousin's kids were in. We met Deb and Grandma Lois and surprised Amy with our presence. I'm so glad we decided to go, the look and hug from Amy was fantastic!! It was the least we could do since they sat thru a day of Gymnastics for the girls. We watched Brenna (kindergarten) play at 10a and then Blake (Ally's age) play at 11a. After the games we went out to lunch with everyone, thanks Deb for the treat!! We were back on the road at 130p. A quick stop at home to let the dogs out then back on the road to Leon to watch nephews Beau and Braydon play football. Brayden's game started at 5p and they won!! Beau played at 8p and they lost - bummer. Both played really well and I look forward to making it to another game!! I was so tired that I think I slept most of the 2nd half of Beau's game and woke up just as it got over...must have been all the fresh air I was in on Saturday that made me so tired...I also slept the whole way home, sorry JY.

Today, I slept in and so did the kids - bad mom this week, didn't get the kids up for Sunday School...I will next weekend. A quick trip to Des Moines to get the ingredients for dinner JY was going to make us - side bar, I don't know if I've mentioned this or not but JY is a REALLY good cook. He's been watching the food network a lot lately and he gets some great recipes that he must try out and he's really, really good at this. This might explain the 10 lbs I've put on in the meantime....I'm not liking that so much. Home in just enough time to go pick up Emily's friend Sydney so they could complete a school project that's due on Tuesday, took her home at 7p and dinner is served at 745p. Yummy!!

Anyway, good weekend, even tho we were running around for most of it. I've included some pictures for your viewing pleasure :) Have a great week!!

L

Here is Brenna on the field. I don't know much about Soccer, but being as teeny as Brenna is, she's fearless and I'm thinking that's a pretty good thing to be on the soccer field, especially faced with bouncing a ball off of your head (or your face as one little girl did while we were there).
Here is Blake going in for a goal. His team won, again so I'm told, and it was a blow out. I think Amy told me that his team is undefeated...I could be making that up tho??
Brenna, Emily and Allyson at lunch. These girls have some fun together!! I wish we lived closer so they could be closer....
I love this picture of Brayden, everyone around him is in motion and he's just standing there like he's looking right at me. He's such a good little player!! He even let me kiss his sweaty face!!
If you can pick out Beau in the picture, your better at spotting him than I am..just kidding. I think I can barely make out the 4 in his number. I didn't get very good pic's of Beau during his game because it was dark. I'll get better one's next time buddy!!

No comments: