Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Conversation on a cell phone....

Caller ID says - I35 Elementary

Lesa: Hello.

School: Hi Lesa, it's Mr. Van at the Middle School.

Lesa: Hi Mr. Van, uh oh.

School: Well, I have Emily here and she's got detention.

Lesa: WHAT??

School: Well, I'll let Emily explain.

Emily: Hi mom. I've got detention.

Lesa: WHAT? Why?

Emily: Well, I didn't get my math homework done.

Lesa: How many times??

Emily: 3 assignments.

Lesa: What??? How does this happen?? I ask you every night if you have your homework done and every night you tell me it's done.

Emily: I know...

Lesa: Well congratulations, you're grounded.

Emily: Awe man....ok.

And she hangs up on me....WTH?? I know all of you are thinking the same thing I was, um are you sure it wasn't Allyson, because this sounds like an Allyson thing. Yeah, not so much. So, I have MY 5th grade teacher calling me AT work telling me that my good kid has detention. How embarrassing...seriously.

1 comment:

Becky Staerk said...

Love your blog...nice to see you on FB!

Seriously, how weird is it to have the 5th grade teacher YOU had calling up and letting you know your CHILD has a detention. Holy Cow...Surreal! Sure glad it's you and not me...Look like things are going well! So glad we can keep in touch now!

B.