Friday, October 3, 2008

All broked up - cont.

So we had our appointment today with the ortho Dr who (once again) put my baby's finger back where it belonged, without surgery. Dr. Rogers was AWESOME and Allyson was equally awesome for hanging out WITHOUT the pain meds and WITHOUT eating. ***Anyone who knows Allyson, knows that this kid needs to eat 6 small meals a day and then 4 large ones :) If she isn't happy, she needs to eat.*** So, I was soooooooo proud of how she handled the pain and let the Dr do what he needed to do so that her broked up naughty finger would survive for the day she could flip me off and it not look goofy :) And when she does this I can say, hey, I paid for that to be fixed, you don't have to use it on me :)

We took her out for breakfast/lunch afterwards, took her to Wal-Mart to get a toy for being so damn brave, went to Starbucks (duh, we were in the city) and then went home where she could FINALLY have some pain meds. By the way, the pain med is Tylenol w/ Codeine and I'm thinking that instead of putting Allyson to sleep they turn her into a large version of Chatty Cathy because this kid doesn't shut her eyes OR her mouth after taking a large dose.

I went and picked Emily up from the school bus where all of her friends could sign her cast, we had visitors at the house (her math teacher showed up to sign her cast too) and then she endured while I took her shopping for elastic pants so the kid can go to the bathroom with a broked up finger in an arm cast and so she doesn't have to ask anyone for help :) Lookin' out for the kid here.....sheesh.

You know, the mother who saw my kid take a header over the handle bars of the scooter and then proceeded to carry her 1.5 blocks to my house told me that her daughter (a friend of Ally's) didn't think I was too concerned when we left for the hospital and her mom said...ya know, Lesa's upset but we have to think about who this happened too, Ally and Lesa just figures it's expected with Ally :) She's got that right, both JY and I said, we're surprised it took 9 years for her to break a bone, I know right....

Luv to you all - check back, I'll be putting pics up of Ally's BRIGHT orange cast....

L

No comments: