Thursday, October 2, 2008

All broked up....

One minute Allyson is out riding on her scooter and then the next minute JY's all, LESA LET'S GO ALLYSON BROKE HER FINGER AND WE HAVE TO GET HER TO THE ER!!!! (insert stamp here) WHAT???? True story, Ally Kae took a header over the handle bars of her scooter and broke her naughty finger.

So, off to the ER we go. Can I just interject here and say that my kid is the toughest kid I know? She makes her mama proud!! She sat in the back seat of the car and didn't make one sound that she was in pain and was all talkin' to me and laughin' and I'm all, ummmm hurt much?? Cause it f'ing hurts me to look at it, no joke. She didn't start crying until we walked into the ER (thanks JY for driving 80 mph and getting us there safe) and asking what the heck they were gonna do to her and JY and I are all, you aren't going to like it sister..which made her cry more and made the nurse get us right through the door to a room - I think she was scaring the other peeps in the waiting room, oh wait, we were the only ones in there.

So, the nurse is all, how 'bout some pain medication, and I'm all thanks don't mind if I do - oh, you were talking to Allyson yeah, she probably needs some ;) Pain meds then to x-ray and we see the damage - yep, looks broken (pictures below). So back to the room and the Dr comes in to set it and splinted it, yes I had to leave the room for that because I almost passed out good catch on the nurses part, (p/s this isn't real time or anything, we were in the ER for like 2 hours total) and sent us on our way with more pain meds and an appointment with an Ortho in the AM. Turns out she broke her finger at the knuckle, on a growth plate. I'm no doctor but that sounds bad?? We shall see in the morning.

Stay tuned for more fun times....

Luv, L

Still smilin'

Gee, is it broke??

I don't know...looks a little out of place...

Yep, it's broke...

2 comments:

Jodi (Landals) Landry said...

That is one jacked up looking phalange girl. Poor kid! Give her hugs for being a tough one!!!
Keep us posted.

j

T.L. Krumm said...

OUCH...poor li'l munchkin!