I knew last night that our basketball games had been cancelled so that was a large chunk of the day I could sluff off, well not really, but you know what I mean. I got up, went to the OS meeting rushed home just in time to get the girls and Lylli in the car to make our vet appointment in Winterset. Except, we didn't make it to the vet appointment in Winterset.
On the way over to Winterset, I passed a sand truck going about 45 mph when my driver side tires dropped off of the road (I remember saying uh oh) and when I tried to get Gwen back up on the road, I over-corrected, went into a spin in front of the sand truck and went ass end into the nearest ditch. The entire time, Emily is screaming in my ear as I'm telling her "we'll be fine, don't worry, we'll be fine, it's ok" over and over again. I'm not gonna lie, I think I was saying that more to myself than to her. Gwen came to a stop on a small cedar and I turned her off. I got out of the car and biffed it into the snow, that came up to my knees, and trekked up out of the ditch to the side of the road to where the sand truck was stopped. Everyone is ok and I called my BIL to come pick us up (thanks Trav). So, yeah, I've had Gwen all of 2 weeks and I put her in the ditch, she needs a new driver side brake light and some body work but you can replace a car, not children. Gwen is now tucked safely into the garage and resting...she's had a bad day.
On my side trip into the ditch, I just missed a telephone pole and a cement culvert. Someone had their eye on us.....
Happy Stupid People Buying Ridiculous Sh*t Day, AKA Valentine's Day (thanks JL).
L
Update: I think Gwen is seriously f'd up. I can't drive her faster than 35 mph w/out getting the sh*t beat out of me....while I enjoy the body massage, I think I broked her up good. Off to the 'dr' for Gwen tomorrow...It's nothing if not exciting around here.
2 comments:
holy cow. What a Valentine's Day. Hope you went home and tucked yourself up on the couch with a blankey and a hot toddy. Isn't it amazing how a mother can comfort a child while sliding off a road in front of a sandtruck?
I can find only one small positive out of the whole episode -- now you won't have to worry about that first scratch on the new car. Pretty poor positive, I know.
JY, I thank you too -- for riding shotgun!
Wow I am so glad you and the girls are ok--as you said Gwen can be fixed up and I assume the dog is ok too!!I agree with Nance--I think Jy gave you all a big hug and Valentine gift.Glad you are all ok.
Post a Comment