Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another busy weekend in the bag....

Friday night I met up with some buddies of mine at a bar in DSM directly after work. It was beautiful, the drinks were flowing, then it down poured on us...well not on us, but you know what I mean. I had a great time, stayed out on the town not rolling into the driveway until 3a. What do you do until 3a?? I'd love to tell ya, but I'm not gonna :)

Saturday the girls and I drove up to Ankeny for a day with the Schaben's!! We had lunch and chatted while the kids played play-doh and trashed their house! Curt went with me to look at Jeeps (yes, Gwen may be going bye bye, I miss my Jeep and am looking to replace her..). Curt is HARD CORE, because if I would have had my way I would have been all, 'That's all you want to trade, I'll take it'. I'm glad he was with me, the girls were disappointed, but eh, they aren't making the payments :)

Saturday night was a night in, we didn't do anything. My BF came down and hung with me, which was nice. Weekends are so hard for me...

Today it was inventory again, woot woot!! Tana and I worked in G'ma and G'pa's room, overwhelming would be an understatement!! I've told you before what g'ma Austin's motto was (1 is good, 15 is better) and it was proved yet again today while going thru JUST the necklaces (which BTW, she has 84 that were just hanging on a board on her wall, we haven't gotten to the rest). I found 15 row-like packaged lipsticks that held about 15 inside, REALLY, who needs that much lipstick?? I realized today that I might be just like g'ma (not that I mind because she was a cool lady) because when I find something I like, I buy one in every color. Yeah, we might be the same. So, of course since we found about 1500 lipsticks, of course we should try some on and see what all the hype is about (pictures to follow). A couple of things I learned today: g'ma liked lipstick (not a big shocker) and she liked shower caps...you go girl!!

I bailed on inventory early, finished a book while the girls were up at their cousin's house playing, thought about making dinner (chicken in a basket, btw) which was cut short by a fast run carrying a dog over to mom and dad's because it was looking nasty out and I'm not that in to storms.

Everyone is just about tucked in and I'll be calling it shortly. I sit here and wonder, where the heck did the weekend go and how did I miss it? Hopefully next week isn't as shitty as last week was, I'm not being optimistic but one can dream, right?

Thanks for checking in.

L

Me rockin' one of 17 shower caps I found in the closet and some flashy lipstick!!
Tana rockin' the same lipstick, I think it looks hot and I might have watched her palm a tube for herself :)
Nice hat Jared, I told you that you'd find yourself on the blog rockin' this hat!! Luv ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pics--I think that is the kind of lipstick that is uppose to be your individual color--looks great Tana--Lesa love the shower hat but jared looks better in his hat--sorry :(

love aunt Deb

Anonymous said...

No wonder we don't get very far, very fast......these three and sometimes four of them just play around. I can just see Grandma now, just shaking her head and grabbing all of her lipstick, shower caps and jewelry and saying, "This isn't for you to play with. There are toys downstairs." Now Get!!!!

Wow, cheap help is hard to beat!!!!

Love ya,
Mom, Aunt Robyn

T.L. Krumm said...

LOL Aunt Robyn!! I think these pix just ratted out our inventory 'method':)

Anonymous said...

Robyn--boy can I Hear Mom saying that!!!!But Tana I'm sure she would say now that you played in it you might as well keep the lipstick!!!! right!!!