Which is why I've failed to put anything out here in a week. Thank you to all who sent emails or made phone calls or blasted me for not posting anything for a while. My life is damn busy!
Friday night, Shana and I went and had our nails done (again) and went out for dinner with a bunch of other yahoo's to celebrate our friend Katy Rankin's 30th birthday. We skipped the bar after dinner, made a quick stop at Wal-Mart and stayed up talking and being retarded until I left her house at 2a. No, we weren't drinking....at all.
Saturday and Sunday was pre-state for gymnastics, what a long assed weekend!!! I'm gonna tell ya, I was in the gym on Saturday from 930a-530p and that doesn't make for a very happy L. The girls did amazing! We brought home 3 first place medals, 1 4th place and Sunday 2 3rd place. It was a good weekend for the girls!!
On Sunday night, Shana put highlights in the girls hair. Let me tell you, if JY was here he would say abso-fing-lutely not are they 'coloring' their hair. Well, mom said yes so that's what they did. Pick your battles I say, if it made them feel better, I'm down with it! Shana and I also made our NKOTB shirts for the concert on Monday (ok, so really Shana made the shirts and I watched). Yes, yes, I know, we are in our 30's and those boys are also in their 30's but man did we turn 13 all over again just watching old videos of them. This pumped us up for the concert.
Monday I had serious ADD because HELLO, NKOTB was that night!! We made it to the arena in plenty of time to buy t-shirts and scope out our seats. HOLY SHIT, is that the stage right there, no binoculars needed?? This is a very different seating arrangement then the last concert we went to when we had very last row in Ames the first time we saw them. Well, I don't know about Shana, but I fell in l-o-v-e all over again looking at those boys who grew up real nice....wow. I managed to 'sneak' in my Flip video and tapped all my favorite songs old and new...we were down to the last few songs when my Flip gets literally ripped from my hands from behind and I'm all what the H?? When I see this very BIG man facing me down w/ NKOTB security written all over his shirt, I knew I was busted and was not gonna mess with him. However, Shana asked him his name, which he didn't give, and I thought he was going to bean her in the head. So he proceeded to ERASE EVERY SINGLE song I had recorded, handed me back my Flip and disappeared. Duh, Lesa, didn't you know that the Flip has a red light on the front announcing to everyone that your recording?? No, no I didn't Captain Obvious. So all the girls got after my promise of some kick ass video, was nothing but a t-shirt.....
Tuesday I got my hair did, Wednesday I got my toes did, tomorrow night I should pack, Friday it's movie day with my kids/Julie's kids/mom/Deb and then to the airport to see BD in SOUTH BEACH BABY!! Yes, yes it's true. Julie, Tana and I are spending 4 wonderful days in sunny Florida! I'm nervous but it will be ok.....right?
I'll be thinking of you while I'm in FL...I'll be the one lounging on the beach celebrating my 35th birthday with a Pina Colada (spell check doesn't like this word) in hand. Watch for photo updates all weekend long. Poor BD, he has no idea what he's gotten himself into :)
Thanks for checking in....
L
2 comments:
Have fun in Florida and Happy Birthday!!!!to you,,,,,Love Aunt Deb
ps --the concert sounds fun --even without the video.
I remember going to NKOTB with you girls in high school. I think it was our soph. year! You're right, our seats were SO high...
Post a Comment