Monday, February 1, 2010

Another crazy, stupid, busy weekend....

Our weekend started with the gymnastics Exhibition team performing during half time of the girls and boys basketball games at Clarke High School. What an amazing job the whole team did!! It was the first time I'd watched the dance and it was pretty cute and if I could figure out how in the world to get the video OFF the mini disc it's on, I'd put it up for all of you to see. If you missed Friday's performance, never fear, they perform on Tuesday (2/2) at I35, Friday (2/5) at MstM and March 6th at a Drake game.

Saturday up early for the long trip to West Central Valley/Stuart for 4 hours of basketball games. Allyson's team won their game while Emily's team lost both of their games. Hopefully next week we'll bring home a W for E. Only 2 weeks of regular season play left then it's planning, planning, planning for the JY Classic Youth tourney on March 13th.

After driving all the way home from WCV, we were home long enough to let Lybbi out and pack the car for a road trip to the Amana's for a stay at the Wasserbahn water park. Much to every one's dismay, the water park was just ok but we still had fun hanging out and just being with each other. It was a great girls night away, and greatly needed for all of us. We followed that up with a little shopping at the outlet mall. I left WITHOUT getting a Coach purse in which Emily thought I might be sick because that NEVER happens :) The rest of Sunday was spent on the couch catching up on the DVR...that was the best!!

I'm T minus 6 days from the end of my smoking career...shocking, I know. I'm a little nervous and a little stressed out already but I need to do this, if not for myself but for the girls. When J was here we NEVER smoked in the whole house, in the last 8 months I've started doing that and I can see a change in the girls and I don't like it. I decided last week that I had 2 cartons left and when they were gone, they were gone....Lord help us all because I'll be a straight B until I'm over the initial shock. I'm not sure anyone has any clue what that's going to be like except me and it won't be pretty.....I have a support group of one, a buddy at work, we're going to do this together. I'm ready, I think I've been ready for a long time but didn't really feel like I could handle the stress in my life without my crutch.....I'm stronger today than I was over a year ago and I'm ready to let go....I know I can do it, the one's closest to me just have to hang in there until the storm blows over, however long that takes.

Busy week this week and I say bring it :) Thanks for checking in.....

L

3 comments:

Nance said...

Lesa, if you are using Chantix, it will be so much easier than what you expect. I used it and I'm still smoke free after 2-1/2 years -- and I'm WAY older than U and smoked way longer. Good for you you! that you have reached this junction. I am sending you all kinds of positive thoughts and prayers. You are going to be oh, so OK. And your girls so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

What a great thing you are doing for you and for your girls. I am so proud of you Lesa. Yes..it will be "Hard", but something tells me You will overcome the "Hard", because you can. Making this decision took inner strength..staying true to your decision will take the Strength you are made of..You will do this One day at a time, much like the past year you have had to endure. You are in my prayers and thoughts!
Take Special Care of yourself. Love and Hugs... Deb

Anonymous said...

Lesa, I have talked to many people that have had GREAT success with Chantix. even better than the patch or gum I know you can do this and send you (((hugs))) and positive thoughts and prayers. You will be glad you did it for you and the girls!!! Love Aunt Debbie