I would love to say WHEW, that was tough....but, honestly, it wasn't at all, I'm just glad to be rid of that 'first day'. There were just a couple times I faltered and thought in my head, wow, I'd really like to have a smoke...but I didn't. The first time I wanted one was after dinner and the second time was when I saw someone smoking in a movie I was watching. It also helped having someone in my corner supporting me last night...oh and telling me how nice it is to not smell smoke on me...
Since putting up my first post about quitting, I've been given a lot of advice and a couple things to think about (thanks Rachel):
- The worst side effects happen within 24-48 hours of quitting
- Within 2-4 weeks, all side effects stop
In all honesty, I stopped smoking at 735p on Sunday night and I've been staying in a place that I don't usually smoke much...the true test will be when I get home tonight and just chill. I haven't had a beer yet either....so there are some things I've been staying away from while I 'detox' myself from the one thing that has always been there for me to ease the stress in my life.
I CAN DO THIS, I have no doubt.....I just wonder what/who I'll lose in the process.
Thanks for checking in....
L
3 comments:
Dear Lesa..
I know you can do it too...I know you can!! Sending you a "Squeeze"!
I am so proud of You!
Love you soooooooooooooo! Deb
Lesa you can do it there is no doubt---I have never smoked so am not much help in this area but just here for you to help Nance with the cheerleading!!!!!! Aunt Deb
Woo-Hoo! You can do it! You can do it!!
Post a Comment