Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Diary of a 'first time' quitter - day 10

I am a cheater. I made a promise to myself and to the girls that I would quit smoking and I failed them....I failed me. All I can say is, I'm trying and to me, that's better than giving up all together.

Having said that, I'm still proud of myself. In the last 10 days I've gone from smoking 20-30 cigarettes per day to smoking just 3. That's pretty impressive, at least I think so. I think about smoking every minute of the day but I don't fold to the voices in my head. I've started wearing the patch and amazingly that seems to help with the anxiety I'm feeling every day, every hour, every minute, every second....they also help with the moods I have, which I'm sure everyone in my life appreciates :)

I'm weak, I know....you don't have to point it out. Maybe by week 3 I'll be completely smoke free, we'll see.

Thanks for checking in.....

L

2 comments:

Kati Medick said...

You're not weak OR a cheater. It's just hard. Plain and simple. Keep up the good work, dear :) You'll get it!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kati you are NOT weak or cheater----YOU are HUMAN!!!!We all know it is not easy!!! glad you are trying the patch and it is helping. ((((hugs))))) Aunt Debb
!