Today dawned early for us (ok me) at 8a....We lounged around, looked on the Internet for fun things to do today and finally decided on taking a boat tour/dolphin watch!! This required driving a LONG way from the safety of our condo/pool/beach that we've been spending entirely too much time enjoying :) The first dolphin watch tour didn't leave until 1p and since I didn't know how far away Hubbard's Marina/John's Pass Boardwalk was, we left at 11a after a quick stop for breakfast and a latte at Dunkin Donuts (yeah for Paige, I have YET to have a Starbucks and I'm getting a little cranky about it). We get there in PLENTY of time so we meander up and down the boardwalk to see what it's all about...not too happenin, jus sayin. We spent entirely too much time at a surf shop especially since none of us surf but we picked up some cool stuff. We made it back to Hubbard's Marina for the Dolphin Watch just in time for them to tell us that they cancelled the 1p trip because of a storm brewing off shore, ok, super. So, we drove back to the condo, made a quick stop for some MORE groceries and decided on the way back to the condo to head back to the marina for the 5p Dolphin Watch....We show up BACK AT THE MARINA at 415p and are told they cancelled all trips out...wtf. So, no dolphin watch for us today. Note to self, call first gas is expensive here :)
On our way back to the condo (a second time) we decided to stop and play mini golf....half way thru 18 holes Paige and I wanted to throw in the towel, or at least use it to dry off. Jebus Martha and Kathy, it was hotter than H out and we were going up and down stairs and moving around and SWEATING, wth? Who knew that it wasn't cool to mini golf in 95 degrees?? Genius.
I put my amazing cooking skills to work on dinner - Chef Boy Ardee Ravioli. Everyone chowed down, I got a 30 minute smoke break before I was being begged to go to the pool because, geez mom, we haven't gone to the pool at all today!! After some time spent at the pool and Ally trying to catch a gecko or 15 we headed to the beach to watch the sun set and look for MORE shells. While Emily was in the ocean, she stepped on the biggest shell they've found and she's pretty proud of it....made me take a picture of it, look for it.
Tomorrow our 'plan' is to go to the Clearwater Beach aquarium and MAYBE get to go on a dolphin watch boat ride, JC I hope so because if I don't see some damn dolphins, I mean if the girls don't see some damn dolphins, there are gonna be some problems....LOL.
We still miss you, but we're having a FANTASTIC time in Florida....wish you were ALL here with us!!
L
Pictures from today here
No comments:
Post a Comment