Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Friday, the girls started school....they had a great first day (I'm pretty sure the reason they liked it was because they had an early out). I took the obligatory first day of school pictures and dropped them off at the school bus, which is different from previous years when I actually took them to school. They didn't want me to do that this year....does that mean they're growing up?? Man I hate that. (pics below)

I went back to work after my bronchitis bout on Thursday and on the way in to work I realized the date was August 20th....a year ago on August 20th g'pa Austin passed away at home. I remember getting the 6am call and running over to the house only to be too late to say goodbye. August 20, 2008 was the first day of school for the girls, I didn't take the pictures that day, JY did. JY did a lot of things that day and in the days following and leading up to the day of the funeral for g'pa. JY was there holding me up and holding me together...I believe he even made a Starbucks run for me and at least 3 of my other family members. He held our house together while I was watching and worrying about the house across the lawn falling apart with g'pa gone.

This weekend was a blur, I attended my first Hawgstock...backwoods biker rally outside Winterset. I had a great time, made some new friends, hung out with some old friends, got another tattoo (I know, right) and was the old me.

This week isn't looking too busy, but that could change on a dime...stay tuned :) Thanks for checking in....

L

1 comment:

Nance said...

You've got some rough days ahead; anniversaries. We'll miss your grandfather. We'll miss your grandmother. We'll miss JY. We will. You will. Hang tough! Chin up. One day at a time!

and oh. hey. Where's a photo of the new tatoo? will there be a second hawgstock in your future?

Hope your girls are glad to be back to school.