Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What a crazy day it was at the gym....

Allyson started strong today with trampoline. She competed against 4 flights of 10 yr olds and placed 1st in her flight with scores of 83/84...solid scores. I asked Allyson if she wanted to go check and make sure that she made it to finals and she looked me right in the eye and said, "moooooooom, I got 1st in my flight, I already made finals". But she didn't. Due to a 3 way tie at 5th place over all, she was bumped 2 spots out of the top 10. She could NOT believe this!! She really thought I was playin'. I wish I would have been...how crappy is that to get first and then bumped out of the top 10. She was pissed, for a second, that's my girl :)

Emily competed in tumbling finals between Ally's prelims. Ten girls all going for the gold. Emily ended up 9th in the nation receiving a bronze medal for her efforts. After awards she said to me, "mom, can you believe I didn't get last place??" This question didn't even faze me because Emily knows that tumbling isn't her strong event, she's just so proud #1 that she made it to finals and #2 that she didn't get last. I am soooo proud of her.

Allyson finished our day on DM Trampoline competing against 4 flights of 10 yr olds. She scored 97/94, 95/97 and 97/94...amazing scores which got her 2nd place in her flight. I'll have to let you know if she made it to finals because we left before the last flight was finished. It was a LONG day and we were all ready to go home. Dinner at HuHot with g'ma Deb and we called it....

Again, my kids are amazing. They amaze me with the things they do, the things they say (especially Allyson) and the way they handle a win or a defeat. They make me feel like J and I did something right with them :) Man, I love those girls. JY would be so proud.

Thanks for checking in....It's a slow day tomorrow with only one event for Allyson at the ass crack of dawn (10a) LOL. Of course, we'll keep you posted :)

L

Pics from today HERE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Lesa...they are absolutely amazing...absolutely!!!

Love them to pieces....Grandma Deb