Tuesday, August 4, 2009

AAU JR Olympics....

The girls have been gearing up all summer for this event that starts today. I'm not sure what to expect since we've never competed in the games, so we'll see.

Emily starts us off today competing in Trampoline, Double-mini Tramp and Tumbling. We'll be at the gym all day long, which seems ok since it looks like rain outside :)

If JY were here, he'd be giving Emily a pep talk that might go a little like this:

E, second place is the first loser......that aside, just go out there and give it your all. Your mom and I are so proud of you that no matter where you stand on the podium, we know that you gave it your all and will compete hard enough to make yourself proud.

While JY would be telling her this, I would jump in and say....don't listen to your dad about second place being the first loser, that's just mean...LOL. Then I would nod my head and agree with everything else.

I'm just so proud watching the girls go out and have passion for what they are doing in the face of all this sadness we've been dealing with going thru all these firsts without JY being here. They have taught me so much about strength in one's self, bucking up and moving on....it's hard everyday but my kids are amazing.

So, good luck girls....Dad's cheering from above, I have to believe that he'll be there pushing them to do their personal best...cause that's what he did everyday that he was with us.

Look for pics and video...how exciting :)

L

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear results and see the pics!!!:) and you are right Jy is cheering them on and pushing them along. Love Aunt Debb

T.L. Krumm said...

Personally, can't wait to see pics AND video of the Double-mini Tramp...is it comparable to Super Tramp?

Anonymous said...

Lesa, Estar and Cakes,

I know as certain as I am typing at this computer, that Daddy was smiling with great love, pride and admiration for his E-star today and will be doing the same tomorrow for his Cakes. Lesa, You have awesome girls and their Daddy is so proud of them. I consider it an honor to be able to watch the girls preform with the passion you and Jeff taught them. There is a special star shining tonight for E-Star and Cakes. I love you..Deb