Allyson competes in 2 of her 3 events today!! Unlike Emily, who has to work VERY hard to make her tall, skinny frame do the things she does and make it look easy....it comes naturally to Allyson, you know, if she actually pushed herself a little.
My kids are truly polar opposites when it comes to athletic ability. Now, JY and I have had many a conversation of where this ability comes from...he always said it came from him and him only. And I always countered that I gave her the following: her attitude (sometimes it's bad and I'll claim that as well), her competitiveness (even tho she acts like she doesn't care), her height (yep, short has it's advantages) and most importantly her ghetto booty (LOL). The booty is where she carries her power...holy power Batman, does this kid have some power!!
This kid, with her don't care attitude, will go out and kick butt today. Unlike Emily's pep talk that JY gave to her, Allyson's would go something like this:
Cakes, use what you've got....you got this babe. And Allyson would be all, ok, whatever dad and walk away.....you think I'm joking, but I'm not.
And I would be wiping away tears cause I'm so proud of this kid (not that JY wasn't, he just knew how to get thru her hard head), and saying - just do your best and as long as you do your best for you and you have fun then the rewards will be all yours. And she'd be all, can I eat after I compete...LOL, polar opposites :)
Win or lose, MY kids are amazing.
Thanks for checking in, we'll keep you posted.
L
1 comment:
I am so Proud of Emily and Allyson...they are reaping rewards of great magnitude this week at JO...........and not only in that beautiful medal that shines and hangs around their neck. Yes, indeed I am so proud and what an honor for me to see my Grand Angels at work. What a great day tomorrow...Finals and more beautiful shiny medals! I love you so much, Grandma Deb
Post a Comment