Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Twenty-five days - part eight

Hang on :)

September 8, 2010 - memory 8

L - The day EHY was born is a day I will always remember. Not for the pain, not for the panicked ride to the hospital, and not for the realization that after 9ish months we were walking into the hospital as 2 and would be leaving as 3 but I will always remember how J was with me, with the situation, even with 11 other people in the room and how he was from the moment the baby took her first breath. Brings tears to my eyes. I wasn't joking about the 11 people in the room with us either. But even with all that commotion, J was focused on me, on what was going on, like he wanted to imprint the whole thing in his memory to have always. E was born with a suction cup head, blue face and pissed at the world. J fell in love the first time he laid eyes on her, as I'm sure all daddies do when they see what they've created. He followed E to the nursery, watched all her tests, video taped everything that was done to her and came back to the delivery room with her. The sweetest memory I have of that day is of J holding E and staring at her for a long time, looking at me and then back at E. He said, "E, we're gonna watch a lot of ESPN together." Yes, he actually said that to her.

E - When I first started playing basketball and I had to pick a jersey number and I couldn't decide and dad said, "why don't you use 34, it's my old basketball number." (m) So when you get fouled the ref can flash one hand :) (e) Yeah, 34 is my favorite number now, I'm going to use it always. (m) Your dad would be proud that your carrying on the 'glory' ;)

A - I remember one Christmas E and I got a PlayStation 2 from Santa and dad played it all day, just sitting and playing. (m) Did Santa bring dad some games or was it just for you and E? (a) For some reason, Santa brought dad games too. (m) Did you even get to play the PS2 on Christmas day? (a) Nope, dad hogged it all day long. (m) Well that wasn't very nice....guess your dad was good that year too huh? (a) Shaking head....

Thanks for checking in....

L

No comments: