September 9, 2010 - memory 9
L - The first 5ish months of E's life was spent, in most part, with her dad because I worked odd hours at the job I was at. He would get her up every morning, I would feed her and after he would dress her and drive her to Ames to the sitter (J's sis). I missed out on lot of 'hang' time in the evenings. E was a difficult baby, reflux that required special formula and colic. I remember that J spent a lot of time walking her around carrying her like a football because of her stomach problems. J was close with both of his babies but he had a special bond with E. I remember several nights, while I was working, they would drive to DSM from Ames and spend my lunch break AND smoke break with me. He did that quite often. When E was a baby, daddy was her favorite, I'm not afraid to admit that I was a little jealous at times. That bond lasted until the day he left.
E - When we first got Larry (the puppy that nobody wanted), we had to pick a name for him and dad said, "how about Lawrence?" We all started laughing about that name. (m) I told him I would not call a dog Lawrence, that's just redick. (e) So, dad shortened it to Larry. (m) But once in a while he would call him by his formal name, right? (e) yeah. (m) What a silly name for a dog.
A - When I started basketball I couldn't decide on a number for my jersey so dad suggested #24 because it was Jeff Gordon's car number so that's what I picked because that was his favorite driver. (m) Yeah, he was a Gordon fan when it wasn't cool to be a Gordon fan.
Thanks for checking in...
L
No comments:
Post a Comment