Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Twenty-five days...part seven

Oops, fell asleep before we got this done last night.

September 7, 2010 - memory 7

L - I mentioned in my previous memory that J went to every doctor's appointment with me like a good daddy to be, but what you might not know is that J didn't like our baby doctor right off. The first appointment is always the most exciting, you get to hear the heartbeat, get weighed, find out when your due date is roughly....what J found out was that our baby doctor (whom I love to this day) thought we were brother and sister. Yup, that's right. So, we're in the room, waiting for the doctor to come in and get this over with and J is nervous and I'm nervous and totally excited when in comes the doctor. We're exchanging conversation when he looks up at J and says to me, "I see you brought your brother with you." The silence was deafening, seriously. I calmly reach out for J's hand, give it a little squeeze and say, "We'll laugh about this later, but no, he isn't my brother, we're married and he's the father." My doctor is mortified and apologizing all over the place...it was the quickest first baby/doctor visit I've ever had. Every time I go see my doctor, he still remembers what he said to J. I, personally, think it's hysterical. J got over it and ended up having a man crush on my gyno, especially when he showed up in the delivery room in his Armani suit with 5 interns following him around. Ahhh, makes me laugh.

E - I remember when we all went fishing and dad would catch a Crappie (sp) and dad would say "guess what, I just caught a crappy!" (m) Ha, ha, he would always get us with that lame joke, huh? (e) Yeah, he would. He said it EVERY time!! (m) The humor wasn't wasted on your dad :)

A - I remember one Sunday dad went and bought a whole bunch of basketball play books and we sat on the couch and read them all day. (m) Man, I was ticked at him for buying all those books when the Internet was free! (a) I remember you were mad at him for doing that. (m) Yeah, for a second until I remembered how much he loved basketball :)

Thanks for checking in....

L

No comments: