Saturday, September 11, 2010

Twenty-five days - part eleven

September 11, 2010 - memory 11

L - The Cy/Hawk game. When J and I started dating and really for most of our married life J was a DIE HARD Hawkeye fan, it was only towards the end that I almost had him converted to a Cyclone, almost. We were a house divided, literally when it came to the Hawks and the Cyclones. So, as you could guess, the Cy/Hawk game was a pretty big deal in our house. We would get together with the BF's make a bunch of food, have a bunch of beer and just dog on each other, well, we would dog on J. And we would dog HARD if the Hawks actually lost. It was a great day of trash talking and a$$ kissing. I remember one game in particular that the Hawks lost BAD and we trash talked hard. J didn't like it so much so he did the only thing he thought he could do, got up and walked out the front door. He didn't like to lose, he was a VERY bad loser. Oh, he knew it was all in good fun, of course, but there is one thing about J that when he was passionate about something/anything he wasn't ever a half way guy. It was all or nothing for J. The most important thing tho, towards the end, he was almost on my side of the house, almost.

E - Dad taught A and I how to play poker, Texas Hold 'em. (m) I remember over Christmas break he taught you guys how to play while I was at work, that ticked me off. What 9/10 year old needs to know how to play poker? Do you remember how to play? (e) Kinda. That was a long time ago. (m) Yeah, it kind of was a long time ago...

A - I remember when we would go to the family reunion in MN and dad was always my partner for the games and he would always play on the playground equipment with us. (m) He was always doing fun stuff with you kids, right? (a) Yup.

Thanks for checking in...

L

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ally's memory is a memory I have to say I share with her... Jeff and I were always partners for the games at the family reunion when we were younger... we'd run the three-legged race together, and since I was so much shorter/smaller, he'd end up just picking me up and running. It was always so funny to me...