September 10, 2010 - memory 10
L - After E was born, J and I started talking about moving home and raising E around most of her family. We also started talking about being grown ups and buying a house instead of living in apartments like we had up to this point. So we started talking to my grandparents about renting a house that was right where we wanted to be, right in between the rents and the g'rents. This was going to be a HUGE undertaking because this house was a rental in it's previous life and poorly cared for. So the deal was made that we would move back home, live with the rents and remodel the home we would share. All I have to say about that was whoa. A LOT of work and (I'm saying this with all the love I have) it proved to me that you can never really move back in with your parents. Not that it was horrible, it was just different. We lived with the rents for 4 long months and I'm sure they were glad to be rid of us, with love, of course. While we ALL worked every night on making the house livable, we made time for E and each other. Which is why, when E was 6 months old, when I found out I was pregnant AGAIN I was in shock! So much shock that after chain smoking thru 2 tests in my BF's bathroom I hid it from J for 2 weeks. My mom figured it out before I told J, which is just funny to me. When I finally told J, he was pissed that I kept it from him for a second then happy as hell once it sank in. And then reality set in....Wait....We got pregnant while living with your parents? He was mortified.
E - After basketball practice we would mess around and dad would dunk the bball and go to the half court line and shoot the ball backwards and he would always make it, but when I would try it I would always miss the basket. (m) Your dad had 'mad' bball skills huh? (e) Yeah. (m) He tried to teach you everything he knew and loved about the game. (e) Yeah.
A - On the weekends dad would take us to the gym and he would run new plays with me, E and SR and he would run drills. (m) Ew, was that fun? (a) Yes it was.
Thanks for checking in...
L
No comments:
Post a Comment