Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Waiting until the last minute...Has to be an Austin trait, right?

So I was just told about a project that Allyson had due today (Tuesday) on Sunday when she told me (as we are driving to DSM - I know, right?) that she needed pipe cleaners and googly eyes. (me) Oh yeah, what do you need those things for?? (Ally) Oh, a project that's due on Tuesday... (me) WHAT?? And I'm just hearing about this NOW?? Did you think you were going to just pick up pipe cleaners and googly eyes up at Kum N Go?? For the love...

So, Sunday night I blew out an egg and Allyson colored it and put puppy ears on it and Monday night (while I was trying to figure out a body), I broke it – I know, right? So, I blew out ANOTHER egg while Allyson (who was adamant I read the paper wrong) called one of her classmates to find out if she was right – and she was right and I read the paper wrong. So, she changed her idea from a dog to ½ fish - ½ frog. She finished coloring it, put the eyes on then set it down on a TV tray and went and took a shower because she was waiting on me to help her put the legs on the frog and the fins on the fish. WELL, while she was in the shower, one of the puppies’s got up on the TV tray, snatched the egg and ate it, eyes and all. I threw my hands up in the air and said I’m done!!

Sooooooo, JY had to blow out the next egg (if you’re keeping count that’s 3 eggs now, so we're pretty good at this now) and Allyson colored it, put the eyes on and we’re done gluing (with Gorilla Glue because school glue doesn't like gluing to eggs, believe me) the fins and frog legs and Allyson is finally in bed by 1130p (sadly, there is no picture). Yep, there I go again being a good mom!!

It’s funny how she knew she had this project due today, found out last Monday (11/3), but I just found out about it on Sunday night (11/9). Yep, that's an Austin for ya!! I give up!!

Have a great crazy week,
L

1 comment:

Jodi (Landals) Landry said...

If it survives, we need pictures!!