What, you might ask?? CHRISTMAS, silly!! Yesterday we had the Berggren/Young Christmas at the AmericInn in Grimes. This is the 3rd year we've celebrated both JY's mom and dad's Christmas together. I'm not bragging, but the joint Christmas might have been my idea. A couple of years ago, well 3, I mentioned - wouldn't it be great to have your dad's Christmas and your mom's Christmas together?? I mean, divorced yes, but they all get along so wouldn't it make more sense to have them together?? I didn't know how well this would be received, but it's been perfect. Thank God everyone gets along. I mean, my kids have been growing up with a Christmas every weekend in December thinking that this is the norm...it's a pain in the a$$ is what it is. So, what used to be 6 Christmas', we now have it narrowed down to 4. Last year it was 5 but with losing g'ma and g'pa Austin this year, we won't be doing that one....sad face.
The girls raked it in with $$ and clothes which of course they immediately spent a fair share of on the way home from Christmas. And I think Emily has figured out that I bought her a couple of DS games that she wanted because I wouldn't let her buy them with her own $$ claiming it's too close to Christmas to be buying that for yourself....She's caught on to my trickery, DAMN. And JY and I did all right for ourselves, we received $$ and a fair share of it. Enough so we can get a new damn fridge...oh, did I not mention that I've been w/out a fridge since Friday?? SHIT yeah, that f'r decided to take a crap on us Friday. GREAT. So, Mother Nature is kindly doubling as our refrigerator (and Tom and Judy gave us some space in their freezer - keep your hands off my sweetcorn!!).
We'll be getting said new fridge today, YEAH!! And it's just awesome, of course I'll have to put some pic's up of it...I'll also post some pic's of our day yesterday!!
No rest for the weary, I'm off to help my sister for the day. We have tour of homes today and I'll be playing hostess - I know right :) My job?? I get to stand at the door and tackle anyone who hasn't paid for the privilege of viewing all the homes on the tour. Perfect job for me, huh?? The only draw back to the job, well except for feigning nice, is that I can't wear PJ pants and a sweatshirt, damn :)
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Kisses and hugs and all that :)
L
No comments:
Post a Comment